Huston Town

Zoning Permit

A Zoning Permit ensures that the structure you want to build is permitted in the  Zoning District where you wish to build.  Also ensures setback requirements are met.

A  Zoning Permit is required  in Huston Township prior to issuance of a Building Permit It shall be unlawful for any person to commence work for the erection or alteration  of any building or for a change in land use until a permit has been  issued. 

Huston Township Zoning Officer is Dave Piper 


5001 Halfmoon Valley Road, Warriors Mark  16877

Building Permit Application Process

To apply for Building Permit in Huston Township, you first MUST  obtain a Zoning Permit 

and provide two (2) sets of plans, and have the following (if required):

  • A Sewage Permit (required in new construction or renovation adding bedroom(s).
  • A Highway Occupancy Permit -from the Roadmaster  or PennDOT, if the driveway access is from a PA State Road, (any time a driveway is added, or when required by Centre County).
  • A map/sketch of the site plan/plot plan with distances from the property lines.


No Building is Permit is required if the building-

  •  is an accessory structure less than 1,000 square feet and not  attached to a dwelling, or
  • the building is an Agricultural Building (an Agricultural Exemption Form must be completed,  
  • the building is a Recreational Cabin (as defined)

Penns Valley Code Enforcement Agency  issues  the Township Building Permits

Obtaining an Address

You must obtain an address for all commercial and residential buildings.  

There is an exemption for accessory structures. 

Centre County 911 will assign an address. 


phone  814-355-6800

Huston Township Info

email -

secretary-  Karen Dillon-Ballock